Wow! Where does one start when it comes to Robert? This guy is a real character. EVERYBODY knows Robert. He's a big guy and he has a big presence. Here's a few things I will remember about Robert:
- When he first arrived at KG, I was struck by the similarity of his name to a certain someone's...
Robert: Hi, I am Robert from Italy
Me (checking class list): Robert Longo?
Robert: Yes. It's me.
Me: hahaha. Did you know the local hockey team had a very famous goalie named...
Robert (interrupting impatiently): Yes. Yes. Yes. I know this already.
Whoops! Guess I wasn't the first person to let Robert know (I imagine EVERYBODY let him know at first). Sorry about that Robert!
- Robert is always singing my praises. "You are the best Mr Wadge". "Everybody loves you, Mr Wadge". "You're the man, Mr Wadge". Not exactly sure what I did to deserve such praise, but I appreciate it, Robert. Thanks for the support!
- Robert is a hard-working and dedicated student. And he likes to stay on top of things. I can not count the number of times when Robert has come in after to school to confirm "what is for homework, Mr Wadge?". He likes to be CRYSTAL CLEAR about it (and we can blame him for that).
- Robert is a real family guy. I remember once when we did a big evacuation drill. Students had to remain outside for 30 minutes or so at the end of the day, UNLESS their parent came to pick them up. Well, Robert's dad came to pick him and his sister up. When the two of them spotted their father, they both let out shouts of delight and ran off for hugs and kisses. It was all very animated and very, very sweet.
- Robert was going to S-Trip... and then he wasn't... but then he was again... but then he couldn't... until he could... etc. (he ended up going)
- Robert LOVES indoor soccer. He invests a LOT of energy at lunch time playing the game. And when he scores (often) there is great celebration. I know I really let him down by never playing for the teachers' team. Sorry Robert!
- Robert is off to university in Turino, Italy next year!