There are so many things about Kelsey that I admire. So many, in fact, that I'm going list-style for this Student of the Week. Here we go...
- Kelsey is no-nonsense and to-the-point. I mean this as a BIG compliment. She is not scared to speak her mind. This is a trait that many people (including me!) could definitely improve on. Kelsey has the self-confidence and the honesty to say whats so, how she feels, what she thinks. She's one direct and powerful young woman!
Having said that...
- Kelsey also has a big heart. She is friendly and thoughtful and kind. The sort of person who asks "how are you doing?" and you know she actually wants to know "how ARE you doing?". She means it! She cares!
- Kelsey's authenticity is never in doubt; there is nothing fake about her. When she feels angry about something, she shows it. When she feels lighthearted she is quick with a laugh. When she is confused she does not try to "pretend" she understands. You always know where you stand with Kelsey (it's not so easy with many other people).
- Kelsey is a hard worker. When Kelsey was in my PreCalculus 11 class last year, I was so impressed with how she gave a consistently strong effort throughout the entire course. Even after Chapters that did not necessarily go as smoothly as Kelsey was hoping / expecting, she would begin the next Chapter with total focus and determination. She was good at "putting the past in the past". Talk about an amazing skill to possess!!
- Kelsey gets involved and gives back to her community. She spends lots of her time working with younger students in the West End. She is always quick to volunteer for scorekeeping (she's saved my butt on several occasions) as well as other clubs, committees, and teams.
- Kelsey has an awesome family! Such a great bunch - those Moorheads! Wish there were a couple more in younger grades but - sadly - this is it! Thanks to the whole family for everything they did for KG over the past 8 years or so. You made a BIG difference around here!
- Kelsey is an awesome C.S. student. So efficient! So accurate! Photocopying Queen! Appreciate all the help, KM!
- Kelsey is super FUNNY! One of the best things about having Kelsey as my CS student is that I get to spend lots of time - and LAUGHS! - with her. Her sense of humour can be dry, cutting, sarcastic, clever... but always very, very funny!
- Kelsey has a great vision for her future! Nursing! With her amazing pal Aya (see photo above)! Kelsey will be an amazing nurse (as will Aya)! Such a great fit. She's got the work-ethic, the big heart, the ability to stay in the present... all great skills for nursing (or ANY profession, to be honest).
- Kelsey is a soccer star!! She has played at the Gold Level and on travelling teams all through high school. Invite me to a game, KM, I want to see you in action!
It's been so great to get to know you the past few years, Kelsey! I know that great things await you in the future. Never lose your ability to speak up, to work hard, and to laugh lots. I will miss you next year and I love you lots! Take care!