I am short of time this week (report cards are coming!) so I am writing Stefan's Student of the Week blurb point form. Nothing personal SN!! Seven things I will remember about Stefan:
- he wants to be a dentist. I have tried to talk him out of this but he refuses to listen to me. I'm sure he will be a fabulous dentist however. Oh, he once asked me this riddle. I like it a lot. "You move to an isolated small town. There are only two dentists in this town. One has awful teeth - all rotting and unsightly. The other has gorgeous teeth; truly a beautiful smile. Which of the two dentists should you go to see?".
- Stefan's mom is hilarious. She came to Parent-Teacher interviews and when I complimented Stefan on his style ("he dresses well', etc) she thought I was crazy. She was laughing and poking fun at Stefan (especially his hair. She couldn't believe I thought it looks good). But it was all in good fun. And I DO think that Stefan has good style.
- Stefan has changed his last name at least once, if not twice, since I have taught him. With no explanation offered. Confusing!
- Stefan and Miu. Miu and Stefan. What more can I say?
- When I did some of the Life Lessons last year, Stefan was courageous enough to take on one of the homework assignments and to ask his grandmother about how she met her grandpa. She told him: "I could have done better but I felt sorry for him". Yikes. Not what I (nor Stefan) was expecting. Sorry about that Stefan. Maybe some things ARE left unsaid / unasked.
- Stefan is ALWAYS behind in his math. I don't know how someone can be behind after a single lesson, but Stefan will do it. He'll be writing all the quizzes last minute, cramming in the last few sections... and then he'll get one of the highest marks on the test. Very impressive. Not sure if you'll be able to pull this strategy off at university, Stefan (YOU WON'T!!!) but still very impressive.
- Stefan is such a laid-back, good-natured, cheerful guy. He was always so friendly with me. I always appreciated seeing his big smile in my class.
Stefan, you are a talented student and an admirable person. I wish you nothing but the best. Never lose your calm, accepting, happy nature. Your good mood is infectious and should be shared with the world!