My memories of Vlade run the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous. I think the easiest way to relate such disparate items is via another list!
- Vlade is one of those people who has the uncanny habit of asking a very good question... that has literally JUST been answered. I don't know how many times, an exchange like the following has taken place...
Random Student: when will the Final Exam take place?
Mr. Wadge: Oh, great question! Listen up everyone. The final exam will be during the 2-hour class on Wednesday, June 16. This is the afternoon block so the exam will start at 1 pm. Again, that is Wednesday. June 16. Any other questions?... Yes, Vlade?
Vlade: Yeah, Mr. Wadge. When exactly is the final exam?
- Vlade is ALSO known to ask questions in class that get me very concerned about how much he is understanding the current material. Pretty well every chapter, there will come a day when Vlade is asking me the sort of questions that have me thinking "Uh-oh. I don't think Vlade is understanding this chapter. Some of his questions are not making a lot of sense". But, every single time - and this is pretty amazing! - Vlade does really well on the Chapter test. I'm starting to wonder if he is merely pretending to be confused. I don't what this guys "last-minute-studying" looks like, but we should all take lessons from him!
- Vlade has an incredible laugh. And he is starting to use it more (A LOT MORE!!) recently.
- Vlade does an incredible impersonation of the background voice on Bill Nye. You know, the "Uh.... Bill" guy? Get him to show you. You'll recognize the voice.
- Apparently Vlade once sang for (or with?) Ms Birks. We should all be so lucky!
- Vlade has varying levels of luck when it comes to the "Pick of the Day". Last year, he picked out his own name (Doh!!!). But this year, he is down to the last three names!!!! (along with Yasmine F and Amanda G. Winner to be announced this week!)
- Vlade has great hair. I don't think that needs to be pointed out... but I am pointing that out.
- Vlade says "Thanks Mr. Wadge" after every single one of his questions that I answer (and he asks a LOT of questions). This is pretty darn impressive. Thanks Vlade!
- Vlade expresses genuine excitement whenever he wins one of the puzzles of the day. There's no "don't get too excited / maintain your cool" with Vlade and I love it!
- [I know there a lot more amazing facts / oddities / memories about Vlade that I am not aware of. So send them to me and I will fill them in here. Please send them!!]